April 2 – April 4, 2016
In this three day workshop, Cunningham will demonstrate and teach how to develop a small idea into an abstract quilt. Along the way he will teach the techniques he uses for freehand piecing, working with bias tape, and creating memorable compositions. Participants will develop their own designs and get to a point where they can be completed.
Participants must bring the following supplies:
- Standard sewing machine and equipment
- Extension cord, pins, etc.
- Rotary cutter, mat and rulers
- #12 Sharp needles for applique
- Bias tape and matching thread (3 packs)
- Digital camera (or phone)
- At least six yards of fabric, including fabrics that contrast strongly
Dates: April 2, April 3, April 4, 2016; 9:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Hardesty Arts Center (AHHA) – 4D Studio, 101 East Archer Street, Tulsa, OK 74103
In partnership with the Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa Hardesty Arts Center (AHHA)