November 21 - December 8, 2018
108|Contemporary is a non-profit community arts organization that supports Oklahoma’s contemporary fine craft artists by connecting them to audiences and opportunities through education, recognition, and exhibition programs. 108|Contemporary, in partnership with many local foundations, members, and individual funders, is a vibrant center for investigation and dialogue that helps expand the definition and exploration of craft. Through dynamic exhibitions and provocative public programming the organization advances the conversation of the role of craft and design in contemporary culture while at the same time honors the history of the craft movement and Oklahoma’s Native American traditions.
108 Contemporary is seeking a Gallery Attendant to oversee 108|Contemporary throughout the weekend, welcoming and assisting visitors and helping with administrative tasks. Ideal candidates are familiar with 108|Contemporary and its programming, as well as the Tulsa Arts District. Candidates should also be available to assist during First Fridays and other events as needed.
Position directly reports to the Exhibition Director.
- Welcome and assist visitors to 108|Contemporary
- Answer visitor inquiries or refer questions to appropriate staff
- Facilitate sales using Square and Ricochet sales software
- Ensure safety and security of exhibitions and visitors
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Strong communication skills
- Some art related background
- Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be available to work First Friday Art Crawls on the first Friday of every month
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your qualifications.
Contact: Jen Boyd, Exhibition Director, email@example.com