108|Contemporary offers semester internships in the fall and spring semesters. We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester. Interns will learn art handling and other essentials of Arts Management from program development and public engagement to marketing and development.
108|Contemporary is seeking an intern to assist with day-to-day operations within the gallery as well as educational and preparatory endeavors. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for learning as well as an appreciation for the arts and fine craft. The intern will work closely with staff and assist in office related responsibilities as well as greeting visitors.
What you will learn:
- Basic clerical work
- Basic sales skills
- Basic operations within a non-profit gallery setting
- How to address visitors and discuss exhibitions
- Creation of a curriculum for each exhibition for programs like Crafting Art for All workshops and Any Given Child
- Leading group tours and assistance with educational programs
- Assist in workshops and other community-based activities
- Installation methods
- Packing methods
- Art handling
- Basic power tool skills
- Basic painting skills
What we require:
- Strong communication skills
- Personable to guests
- Ability to retain information about exhibitions
- Some art related background
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be available to attend First Friday and other programing events on some evenings and weekends
What we prefer:
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite on Mac
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
108|Contemporary is an equal opportunity employer committed to principles of the broadest form of diversity.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jen Boyd Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org